9/14/16

Alice's Tea Cup

Tucked away on the Upper West Side of Manhattan lies an enchanting Alice in Wonderland themed restaurant that offers a vast tea collection and fairy tale food to go with. My good friend and her daughter were visiting from St. Louis, and since we were in the neighborhood, I decided to take them there to experience the wonderland that is Alice. There are two other locations on the east side, but this is the flagship location.

The restaurant is known for Sunday tea and hosting parties for young girls. The food is quite expensive and the decor is all about the fairy tale. I don't think it's gaudy or over the top, but it is fun and a unique experience if I were a little girl.

I'm not sure how many people come to this restaurant to just order wine and dessert, but we sure did. We came during the late afternoon and we weren't that hungry, so I ordered 2 white wines, a slice of peanut butter and nutella cake, and a grilled cheese sammie for my friend's daughter. I don't think patrons order much wine here because they had to scramble to find it-haha! I inhaled the peanut butter and nutella cake. It was delish!




The food and tea list menu are very whimsical. I was happy to collect both of them as I slid them in my bag that was under the table when no staff was around or looking. Easy peasy Alice in wonderland squeezy. A fun fact, there is an Alice in Wonderland sculpture in Central Park on the east side at 75th St.


Alice's Tea Cup, 102 W 73rd St.
New York, NY
Alice's Tea Cup

No comments:

Post a Comment