1/13/15

Singleton's Seafood Shack

Happy New Year!

I know it seems like months go by before I collect a menu and post the story, so in this new year, I'll try to be more active, but I can't make any promises. :)

A week before it turned 2015, we headed down south to Amelia Island, Fl, but not before heading to Paris, France first. It was a whirlwind of a trip flying back to NYC internationally with a one night stop at home then head to Florida the following day, but this is what we did. It was much harder than I expected, but we survived. Sadly, I wasn't able to collect any menus from Paris. Maybe next time.

During our Florida trip, we visited Singleton's Seafood Shack. We've come here before and enjoyed it, but this time around the service wasn't that great. We had to wait a while for our food because they were so busy.

The restaurant is located in Mayport. It's a half hour car ride from Amelia Island to the ferry then a very short ferry ride over to Mayport. I'm not really sure what there is to do in Mayport, really, but I think it's home to a Navy base.

Singleton's has charm. It's not a very fancy place nor does it try to be, but I think that's why people love this place. The seafood is fresh and caught daily. The food is inexpensive and they sure love to fry everything, but then again, it's the south. Their are long tables with long wooden benches inside and a nice deck for outdoor seating.


We ordered some appetizers to share: fried squash (this was so good), hushpuppies, and fried corn nuggets. Hushpuppies are so good! I could eat that every day. For my meal, I chose the blackened Mahi fish taco, which was good. It had a lot of shredded cheddar cheese on top so I gave most of it away because it was too much.



Since we gave all the menus back after we ordered, it wasn't until we started to leave that I mentioned something to Mark about if I had the menu from Singleton's or not. The Littman parents overhearing our conversation decided to take matters into their own hands. They went back inside to retrieve a takeout menu, and while getting a takeout menu, they somehow managed to swipe a real menu under the takeout. I was so impressed! However, Bill, their son, said a staff member saw the whole thing go down but didn't say anything. I thought it was so hilarious! Bravo, Littman parents.

Singleton's Seafood Shack, 4728 Ocean Street
Atlantic Beach, FL
Website
Singleton's Seafood Shack

No comments:

Post a Comment