8/2/13

White Cloud Tea

My order has arrived! Normally, I don't go out of my way to buy tea, but when Mark came home from his retreat at Mii amo Spa in Sedona, Arizona last year, he brought home this exotic tea called "White Cloud". I felt like I was floating on a white cloud after drinking it. Disappointed that I ran out so quickly, I went online to see if I could buy more and lo and behold Mii amo Spa sells it online. Thank God! This time I bought 2 small bottles to last me a while. For a 2oz. jar the cost is $23. I know- expensive right- but if you want the 8oz jar it's $92. It's worth it though. You'll be floating on a white cloud! Go here to start floating: Mii amo White Cloud Tea.


This white tea has hints of coconut and pineapple. It is very light and has very low caffeine. The taste is very subtle not strong and the smell is very sweet even though there is only a hint of sweetness in the taste. I like to drink it both hot and cold.


This card was enclosed in the package. I thought it was awesome and made me appreciate the product and the company even more. I believe more companies should enclose a handwritten thank you note from the President or a representative when you purchase their product. It's classy like that.


Anyone who knows me well knows that I drink tea everyday religiously. Aside from coffee in the morning and water throughout the day, I only drink hot or cold tea. I make cold tea year round from herbal teas, white teas, green teas to black teas and flavored teas. You'll find 3 pitchers in my fridge: 1 coffee and 2 different flavored teas. At the moment I have peppermint and passion (red tea). I've just started mixing different black teas with herbal teas because I have an abundance of black teas and since black teas tend to be higher in caffeine I mix it with herbal teas for additional flavor and to balance the caffeine.


My other favorite brand teas:

Lupicia: has a store in the Ala Moana Shopping Center in Honolulu, Hawaii. When I go back home to visit you bet your tight buns I stop by there. The store carries Hawaiian tea blends that they don't sell online. These blends are so unbelievably magnificent that it reminds me of home when I long to be there. For example, "Malama" blend has chocolate flavors with macadamia nuts and "Lanikai" blend has pineapple with coconut scents and sweet vanilla. I miss home already just writing about it. In addition, Lupicia carries interesting flavored teas such as grapefruit green, carmel and rum, peach melba and so much more. They also have a Christmas tea collection that is super fun with holiday names like "Joy" and "Noel". If you spend more than $30 you can sign up for their monthly newsletter and you receive a free sample every mailing.




Ten Ren: has several stores in Chinatown, NYC. Each individual tea is wrapped in a small package so you can put it on a co-workers desk as a surprise or food good health. They have a herbal blend called "Spirits Tea" that is minty and very soothing. They also have another blend called "Relaxing Tea" that is more fruity and floral. Try them both along with their Jasmine tea.

Mariage Frères: a gourmet tea company in France. I love that each individual tea comes in a sachet or at least the boxes that we have. We currently have a box of Eros, French Breakfast Tea, and Marco Polo all black teas, but honestly, I don't even know what's in them because everything is in French. All I know is it tastes gourmet and smells heavenly.


Roswell Teahouse: located in Roswell, Georgia, where Mark's parents live has excellent house blends. Allergy Relief has golden seal, elderberry, nettle leaf, ginger root, spearmint and rosehip. I feel like the mint overpowers the other ingredients, but after drinking a cup I definitely feel like my sinuses clear up. La Vie en Rose is a favorite of mine. It is a blend of jasmine tea with lemon verbena, spearmint, peppermint, lavender and rosebud. The flavor is very floral and refreshing. Long Island Strawberry and Shanghai Lychee Jasmine tea are also some of my favorite green tea blends that they offer.

Yogi & Tazo: I'm a big fan of both. I like the accessibility of both these teas as I can pretty much get them at any grocery or drug store. They have a range of flavors and teas. I especially like Yogi because each tea bag comes with an inspiring quote.


Trader Joe's: has 2 very good seasonal teas (Christmas) that we stock up on every year: Candy Cane Green Tea & Vanilla and Cinnamon Black Tea. I'm a huge fan of the green tea and Mark loves the black tea. It's cheap, delicious and soothing.


Revolution: Mark picked up these samples from a conference in Las Vegas. I'm glad he did because these flavors are excellent. I've slowed down on drinking these, but this is all we have left: tropical green, english breakfast tea, earl grey lavender (my fav of the bunch), golden chamomile and sweet ginger peach (my second fav). I will definitely order more once we drink them all.


Grand Hotel Tea Blend: here is one blend I will definitely miss and be sorry about when I'm done drinking all of it, so I'm taking my time. First off, the smell is amazing! You open the package and you can immediately smell the strong bergamot scent. It's intoxicating. The blend is made from Chinese Keemun and Yunnan teas mixed with teas from five regions in Sri Lanka. What you taste is unbelievable! It's dark and rich with hints of fruits and bergamot. It definitely tastes as good as it smells.  Second off, the hotel is in Stockholm, so it's not that accessible and I can't find anywhere online to purchase this. Anyone going to Stockholm anytime soon? Third off, did I tell you how amazingly wonderful this tastes?



If you're a daily tea drinker like me, Steepster.com is an online tea community where you can rate and review teas with like-minded steepsters.

Read here for a good description and breakdown of teas: Types of Teas.

For tea accessories, I usually just run into places like Bed Bath & Beyond or Container Store. Between the two, they have everything from tea balls to tea storage containers. Here is a clear plastic tea bag storage container I purchased from Container Store that has 6 sections and holds up to 10-12 individual packets, so it can hold up to 72 neatly. It's practical and handy for sure!


For loose leaf teas you have your choice of using a tea ball or a disposable tea filter. I've been using the brand T-sac because it holds a lot more tea (for my cold tea). You can get it in packets of 100 on Amazon for pretty cheap.


There's so much tea in this world to try that if you know of any that you think I would like to try, please feel free to pass along recommendations. I'm open to a lot of different teas. However, I am not a big fan of barley based teas

.
Oh, and I like my tea pure-no milk/cream or sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment