2/1/16

Kit Kat 2

Konnichiwa! I have new flavors! Yay! I always get so excited when I go into a Japanese store and they sell Kit Kat flavors I haven't had. Seriously, I go cray cray.

During our recent running destination trip to Los Angeles to run the Griffith Park Half Marathon, we stumbled upon a small Japanese store Marukai Market. It reminded me of Mitsuwa Marketplace the local store we go to in Edgewater, NJ; although, Mitsuwa also has locations in California.

The three new flavors I purchased are: black, sweet potato and hazelnut.


Black: it's like having bitter dark chocolate. It's not so bitter like Mexican dark chocolate bitter, but it is not as sweet as your traditional Kit Kat. The color is even darker, so the only way to describe it is it's bittersweet!


Sweet potato: I swear, this flavor is on my list of top 3 unique flavors. It's not overwhelmingly sweet, but sweet enough that it really does taste like sweet potato.


Hazelnut: when I bit into this treat it reminded me of Ferrero Rocher, and I'm addicted to eating that deliciousness. Unbelievable! It has a crunchy texture and after a few quick bites you can actually taste the hazelnut, but it's subtle. I do like it but wish it had a more hazelnutty flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment